SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#272751 - 10/02/09 02:51 PM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Dnj Offline

You can probobly get a used S900 for around $1050.00 - $1150.00 now that the S910 is out That would be a much better choice then the Prelude.

I might pick up a S910 after the new year just for the brighter screen/mp3 player only.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-02-2009).]

#272752 - 10/02/09 03:56 PM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thought you weren't interested in the S910?

Changed your mind?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-02-2009).]

#272753 - 10/03/09 12:15 AM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
I repeat, don't Knock It Until you tried it.

It is completely misleading to readers when adverse or in favor comments coming from well versed members who have not even seen yet alone played the instrument in question are made,particularly when making comparisons with other manufactures.
I probably like many other forum members appreciate the wealth of expertise within the forum and the information gained is used when we decide our next purchase, therefore the information needs to be from hands on experience and well founded and not on preference, loyalties or personalities.
The Prelude has never been seen as as Pro Board,but for studio, home,and as a slave board is great value for money.
Prelude worth should be judged on what it was designed to be,not what we think it should be.

Gilbert.

#272754 - 10/03/09 04:30 AM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Myself I like the Prelude video, certainly different presentation with good quality video & sound.
Having met and spoke to Ralph Schinks a number of time at Keyboard Festival UK, he is very happy sort of person and very approachable. Ralph is part of the Roland R&D deveopment team, so I assume this video is from Roland.

#272755 - 10/03/09 07:19 AM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the S910 when I get it for demoing, and I would love to have the Prelude to add the Roland sound to my kit, but the lack of Style Assembly (being able to swap style parts from the same or other styles) on the latter, is a deal breaker....so far.

Maybe there will be an OS update to allow this essential (for me) feature.

One of my favorite past Roland arrangers, was the E-70...the Prelude kinda reminds me of that 'board, which was about three times the price of the Prelude when new.

#272756 - 10/03/09 10:16 AM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Dnj Offline

In no way am I interested in this entry level beginner Prelude model, Iv'e also played the GW8 witch left me less then enthused....but I will be patient, open minded and set my sites & interests on what Roland will bring out if at all at this point in a MOTL or TOTL arranger workstation in the near future.

#272757 - 10/03/09 10:57 AM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I had the opportunity to hear & briefly play the Prelude at Winter Namm back in January and was blown away by this entry level budget arranger's classic rich roland sound & more solid build construction than Yamaha's entry level S-series arrangers. I found the D Beam feature especially cool and potentially useful. The 'icing on the cake' is its UNDER $1,000 (US dollars) street price and weighs ONLY 17 lbs ! The Prelude remains near the top of my ultra portable (with built in speakers) take anywhere budget arranger buy list. - Scott

#272758 - 10/03/09 12:43 PM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So far, I've not played the Prelude, but it seems obvious that it is almost identical in all but a few minor details to the GW-8 (which I have one sitting next to me as I write - on loan, guys, don't wet yourselves! ), so I think I've got a good handle on it.

Is it a 'pro' arranger? Well, no, but OTOH so many people tell me that there is no such thing as a 'pro' arranger anyway, they are ALL home units!

But for the way I use an arranger, for the type of live sound I like and the 'space' in the styles that I like, if I was stranded on a desert island with a prelude or GW-8, I wouldn't be offing myself, at least! Push comes to shove, I COULD go out and gig on one of these (with some prep time), more than I can say about any other sub-$1000 arranger.

It's not a G70, but then again, neither is a T3 or a PA2Xpro!

#272759 - 10/03/09 01:32 PM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I had the opportunity to hear & briefly play the Prelude at Winter Namm back in January and was blown away by this entry level budget arranger's classic rich Roland sound & more solid build construction than Yamaha's entry level S-series arrangers. I found the D Beam feature especially cool and potentially useful. The 'icing on the cake' is its UNDER $1,000 (US dollars) street price and weighs ONLY 17 lbs ! The Prelude remains near the top of my ultra portable (with built in speakers) take anywhere budget arranger buy list. - Scott

Scott did you buy one yet? Would love to hear your personal review.
To me it might suffice for a lightweight KB to play as a stand alone on top of SMF/Mp3 backing tracks or maybe with a Band......but for solo "Style players" No Way Jose! compared to Yamaha or Korg in sound, versatility, & third party support.

#272760 - 10/03/09 06:39 PM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott did you buy one yet?

No. As I'm sure you've already predicted, the other lightweight portable arranger w/ 'built-in' speakers I'm considering as a 2nd keyboard is the S910.

The draw ofthe Roland Prelude is new sounds/styles, a much lighter keyboard weight, and substantially cheaper price, while the S910 offers file compatibility/exchange with my Tyros2, and an operating system I'm more familiar with.

I'll of course share my experiences with whatever secondary arranger unit I might eventually get. In the meantime, Tyros2 continues to satisfy as the primary arranger axe.

Scott

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online